Swanbarton is looking for a software developer to join its expanding team.
- Work on interesting product research and development projects in Smart Energy. Our main projects for 2019-20 will be about:
- Enabling people in Sub-Saharan Africa and Southern Asia to trade energy from home to home, in real time
- Enabling UK businesses to use more renewable energy, and minimize their energy costs, by cleverly managing large-scale batteries
- Enabling national and local electricity networks to cope with the increased power demands that decarbonization will create, by managing batteries, loads and renewable generation in ways that will keep the electrical networks in balance.
- A mix of closely managed high-integrity software development, informal agile coding and technical product support.
- Work in a R&D and software team that welcomes new ideas.
- Work in an attractive rural location with cheerful colleagues.
- Working hours: full time (37.5 hours) preferred.
- The appointment will initially be for 6 months with the aspiration of permanent employment after this period.
- Keenly interested in software development.
- Quick to learn.
- Works well in a team.
- 1 – 3 years’ software development experience (in a business, at college or in personal projects).
- Must be confident writing object-oriented code, ideally in Python.
- Experience with unittest, Git, Docker, Linux and software/hardware interfacing would be welcomed.
- As public transport to our offices is very limited, you’ll need your own transport. Lift-shares may sometimes be available from Bristol, Bath or Bradford on Avon.
Swanbarton is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, disability, race, religion or belief, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity.